- “Snow Remover” (also referred to as “we” or “our”) means Plateforme Connexion Inc., NE 779274679.
- “Customers”, “Customer”, “Individuals” and “Individual” mean any person who submits or publishes a project on the site for a Contractor to bid on.
- “Project” means a request submitted by a Customer via our service.
- “Users”, “User” or “You” means any person who uses the services of Snow Remover.
- “Services” and “Service” means any procedure or service that is provided by Snow Remover to Users, which includes, but is not limited to: information, services and products provided by the Website, by telephone or by email.
- “Contractors” and “Contractor” refer to any snow removal company that registers on the Site.
- “Site” and “Website” mean www.snowremover.ca and all pages, content and subdomains contained therein.
- “Potential Customer” is a Customer that has posted a Project on the Site whereby a Contractor is given the opportunity to view the Project and send a submission to the Customer.
- “Service Contract” means any agreement between a Contractor and a Customer on the services to be performed. A Service Contract may be concluded by a verbal exchange in person, by telephone, by email or in the form of a written statement or contract.
- “Snow Remover Platform” means the platform and related services provided by Snow Remover and the Site, located at www.snowremover.ca, which is owned and operated by Plateforme Connexion Inc., NEQ 227026685, including without limitation information provided by Snow Remover to potential and actual Users in relation to the services.
3 . Information Received and Collected by Snow Remover
Contractors: Snow Remover collects certain information about Contractors, such as their name, company name, email address, physical address, telephone number, services provided, a copy of the Contractor’s identification and a photograph, which may be taken by Snow Remover, and Financial Information if you voluntarily choose to share such information with Snow Remover. We do require that you furnish certain information when you register with us as a Contractor, because we need the information in order to properly operate the Snow Remover Platform. As described below, certain information provided by Contractors will be made publicly available.
Customers: Customers are not required to create an account to access the Snow Remover Platform. However, when submitting a Project proposal, Customers will be required to provide certain information, including their name, telephone number, physical address, and email address. The Snow Remover Platform allows for Customers to decide whether this information is shared with Contractors. In addition, the Snow Remover Platform allows Customers to provide additional information about the desired services they are seeking. The information provided by Customers will be shared with potential Contractors in accordance with the Customer’s selection of the Site.
Either Customers or Contractors may also choose to send Snow Remover personal information in an email message containing inquiries about the Snow Remover Platform. Certain offerings of the Snow Remover Platform, such as newsletters, surveys, contests, and the like are optional and so Users are not required to enter them or to give us your data in connection with them. Where you do choose to enter them, we will use your data to operate and manage the survey, contest or similar in connection with our legitimate interest in promoting our business and the Snow Remover Platform.
Cookies and Other Technologies. When you visit websites on the Internet, your browser may automatically transmit information to the websites you visit throughout every visit, including ours. Like many websites, we use “cookies”. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk.
We utilize persistent cookies that only Snow Remover can read and use, and access mobile device IDs:
- to save your login information for future logins to the Snow Remover Platform;
- to hold session information; and
- to track user preferences.
We utilize session ID cookies and similar technologies:
- to enable certain features of the Snow Remover Platform;
- to better understand how you interact with the Site and the Snow Remover Platform;
- to monitor usage by our Users and web traffic routing on the Snow Remover Platform;
- to track the number of entries in Snow Remover promotions, sweepstakes and contests; and
- to identify visited areas of the Snow Remover Platform.
Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the Snow Remover Platform and then close your browser.
You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to use all portions or all functionalities of the Snow Remover Platform.
We and our service providers may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or similar means in connection with the Snow Remover Platform and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Users and email recipients, to determine the success of marketing campaigns, and to compile statistics about Site usage and response rates. They may use a “pixel tag” which triggers a cookie to collect information about your visits to the Site and to other websites, and they may use that information and share and combine it with other information with their partners to show you advertisements for goods and services you might be interested in on the Site and on other websites and apps, including by observing the kinds of products and subject-matter you are interested in and certain demographic information about you.
The following table sets out the different categories of cookies that the Snow Remover Platform may use and why we would use them. The lists of third party cookie providers are intended merely as illustrative not comprehensive:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose||Who Serves
|Authentication Cookies||These cookies (including local storage and similar technologies) tell us when Users, such as Contractors, are logged in, so we can customize their experience and connect their account information and settings.||Snow Remover|
|Localization||These cookies help provide a localized experience by showing you your local area.||Snow Remover|
Device Information. When you visit and interact with the Snow Remover Platform or the Site, Snow Remover may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of computer or mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your computer or mobile device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser(s) you use, and information about the way you use the Snow Remover Platform (“Device Information”). We may use Device Information to monitor the regions from which Users navigate the Site or the Snow Remover Platform and for security and fraud prevention purposes.
Contractor Identity Verification. We may collect personal information of Contractors, such as their date of birth, photograph, a copy of their ID, taxpayer identification number, and address, to validate their identity or conduct background checks (“Identity Information”).
Financial Information. To help Contractors set up a payment, we may collect financial information, including name, address, bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information (“Financial Information”).
Public Areas. Contractors: When Contractors create an account and a profile on the Snow Remover Platform, certain portions of the provided information, consisting of information about the Contractor, including their company name, address, telephone number, and services offered, and other information (“Profile”), will be publicly available. The information in your Profile may be visible to all Users and the general public.
Customers: If any Customer chooses to post a Project via the Snow Remover Platform, the contents of such listing will be publicly viewable.
- Snow Remover’s Use of Personal Information
Snow Remover uses Personal Information (including Identity Information and Financial Information) for the following purposes:
- To operate and make available the Snow Remover Platform. We use your data to connect you with other Users in order to enable the posting of Projects. For example, we use data to connect Potential Customers with Contractors;
- For billing and fraud prevention, on the basis of our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment. For example, when we bill Contractors;
- To conduct identification, authentication, and background checks on Contractors in order to advance our legitimate interests in ensuring the safety of our Users;
- To analyze Site usage as necessary for our legitimate interest in improving the Snow Remover Platform to grow our business;
- To contact you and deliver (via email or otherwise) administrative notices, marketing notifications, offers and communications relevant to your use of the Snow Remover Platform as necessary for our legitimate interests in proper communication and engagement with our Users and in promoting our business;
- To provide you with customer support in order to fulfill our contracts with Users;
- For internal market research, troubleshooting problems, and detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity for our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which Users can operate;
- To enforce our Terms of Service in our legitimate interests in ensuring our rights are complied with; and,
Analytics and Market Research. Snow Remover may analyze your information and web navigational data based on your interests, and may use the analysis from this information in a way that doesn’t reveal a name, email address or other “real-world” identity in order to market the Snow Remover Platform, as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing an engaging and relevant experience, promoting our services, and growing our business.
Financial Information. We use Financial Information from Contractors solely as authorized by the Contractor in order to operate the Snow Remover Platform. We do this as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing our platform and services to Users. To keep Contractor’s Financial Information secure, we have contracted with a third party to process payment information and we do not store your Financial Information on our servers.
- With Whom Does Snow Remover Share Information?
Third Party Agents. To operate the Snow Remover Platform, we may share your information with our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers (“Agents”) so they can provide us with support services as follows:
- Fraud detection;
- Support services;
- Customer relationship management services;
- Financial transaction fulfillment; and
- To otherwise help us provide the Snow Remover Platform, including all of the things described in the preceding section.
Other Users. Snow Remover facilitates contact between Customers and Contractors and reserves the right to share a Contractor’s contact information (e.g. phone number, or email and postal address) with a Customer and vice versa, or with their legal or other representative, in order to facilitate the resolution of a dispute related to or arising from an interaction between two or more Users of the platform. This exchange of information is a mandatory part of the Snow Remover Platform.
Legal Obligations. Snow Remover may disclose personal information to a third party if required to do so by law or pursuant to a court order, warrant or subpoena. Snow Remover reserves the right to disclose personal information from both private and public areas of the Site and the Snow Remover Platform in the absence of a court order warrant or subpoena if we are given reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that someone is causing injury to or interfering with the rights of Users, the general public, or Snow Remover or its partners, parents or affiliates.
It is our policy to provide notice to Users before producing their information in response to law enforcement requests unless (i) we are prohibited by law or court order from doing so, (ii) we have reason to believe that such that the notice would go to the wrong person, or notice would otherwise be counterproductive or would create a risk to safety, or (iii) it is an emergency request and prior notice would be impractical (in which case we may provide notice after the fact).
You may opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners, remove your information from our database, choose to not receive future communications related to the Snow Remover Platform, or a Contractor may cancel their account by contacting us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
- Right of Access
You have a legal right to request a copy of the personal information that we have about you. You also have a right to correct, amend or delete such personal information where it is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles.
- Snow Remover’s Information Retention Policy
We retain personal data for as long as you are a User in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, and for such longer period as may be in our legitimate interests and to comply with our legal obligations. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
- Snow Remover’s Security of Collected Information
If you are a Contractor that has created an account on the Snow Remover Platform, then your account is password-protected so that only you and authorized Snow Remover staff have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. Also, if you share a computer, you should sign out of your Snow Remover account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties.
Snow Remover expressly disclaims any liability that may arise should any other individuals obtain the information you submit to the Snow Remover Platform.
1 0. Notification of Changes
1 1. Children’s Privacy and Note to Parents and Guardians
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. The Snow Remover Platform is not directed to children under the age of 13 and children under 13 are not permitted to use the Snow Remover Platform. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete or disable such information. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, and you believe that your child has provided us with personal information, please let us know at [email@example.com].
1 2. Contacting Us?
Snow Remover’s staff will respond to all requests sent through mail or email from Users and parents of Users with questions about privacy or the types of personal information is stored on the Snow Remover database, or requests to nullify such personal information.